16 February 2017

Distant Shores oil pastel landscape - throwback Thursday

 I used to have 3 painting blogs - my daily painting blog (which changed to the present version), a blog for my florals and a blog for my landscapes. Having three blogs defeated me so I amalgated them into this Joy of Colour blog. In a bit of Nostalgia I was wandering through my landscape blog and came across this one painted about four years ago before I I started using oils. I used oil pastels for a while in the mistaken belief it would be easier than oils.

I reworked it from it's original version thinking about composition and leading your eye through the painting. Looking at it again, I think this might be worth doing again in oils.

Distant Shores Painting by Marion Hedger
Oil Pastel on beige Ingress pastel paper

 "A reworked painting of one I painted as part of the landscape challenge on wetcanvas.com. I added a closer headland and worked some more on the sky.
Here is the original painting"
I hope you think I improved on the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.