23 January 2017

Colour Fields Studies, Day 23 of 30 day challenge


The beauty of doing something that is so far out of your comfort zone is it leaves you open to all sorts of new ideas and ways of looking at things. I never really understood colour field paintings but I have been looking at them just lately and I am starting to see more in them than I initially did. So for the next three days or so, I am going to see if I can make some sense of them for myself and I always want to learn more about colour.

I will be using NOT watercolour paper and acrylic. Today I started with analogous colours (groups of three colors that are next to each other on the color wheel) of yellow, orange and red. It may be the grey rainy day that influenced my choice!


This is the start of two of the studies. The background on the first is orange mixed with white. That resulted in this lovely coral colour, the second has a background of alazarin crimson which, in hindsight, is the wrong colour choice and will be changed.


Stay with me to see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.