02 January 2017

Blue Medley Collage Art, Day 3, 30 paintings in 30 days

 Blue Medley
Abstract Art
21x30cm (A4 size)
Acrylic, cardboard, wire, gold leaf
Day 3 of Jan 2017 30 paintings challenge
Click Here to see Day 2's painting

Another assemblage painting for Day 3.

I struggled with this one. I had an idea about a teal and green colour scheme so once again I started out with an acrylic skin (do you get the feeling I like making these?) and a blue and green paper sandwich. Unfortunately the colour on the paper seemed to dull after I stuck it onto the surface. The rest is pure improvisation with some thin cotton twine intertwining (pun intended) aaaaround the different elements. I found it difficult to bring all this together into a more coherent art piece and kept adding more elements probably overdoing it.

Lesson learnt: start intuitively and stop and plan some before continuing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.