07 June 2016

Sping Daffodils (not on a windowsil!)


Spring Daffodils
40x50cm oil on 1.5" deep canvas

I posted the photo of this painting in the room setting and then realised I had not posted it here in my blog. So a little late, but here is a reminder of spring.


Each year I place some daffodil bulbs in a terracotta pot and hope they flower earlier than the ones in the garden. I bought this pot inside and placed it against the window with the light streaming through. I always feel that, living in France, I'm at a disadvantage because we do not have interior window sills and I cannot get the true feeling of the flowers on a window sill which is a great prop for container plants.

Some close-ups of the knife work





CONNECT WITH ME:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.