22 June 2016

Palette Scrapings into colourful grounds




I'm a messy painter - my paint gets everywhere. At the end of a session my palette (a very large piece of glass) is covered in pools of paint many of them intermingled. Palette knife paintings need lots and lots of paint so there is always lots left over. If you're squeamish about using a lot of paint then palette knife painting is not for you - but why not give it a try - it can be very liberating.

I always have a stack of small gessoed panels available and the left over paint is perfect to cover the panels. I can feel a couple of mini 4x4 abstracts coming on. Perhaps a seascape and a cloudscape. Tell me what you can see.

CONNECT WITH ME:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.