06 September 2014

Refreshing Waters for Oscar - Day 6 of the 30 day challenge


Refreshing Waters for Oscar
18x24cm 
Oil on MDF canvas panel
NFS

One of my nephews saw and older, large painting while he was here and fell in love with it. I promised to paint him a similar painting but smaller for his birthday in October. This is it.

About this painting

This is a favourite spot of ours in the summer. The river is Le Loup and at this point it goes through a mini canyon. In the hot days it is a cool and refreshing spot to sit and refresh ourselves under the shade of the trees. If we have visitors, especially children, they love to play in the cool, clear water which comes directly from the mountains. It still needs a few finishing touches when the paint has firmed up a bit.

5 comments:

  1. Your title is so fitting as the water is completely refreshing. I love the blues in the water complemented by the colors of the cliffs. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carol. I now have to paint one for his brother lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, Marion. I can see why your nephew wanted to have one of your paintings, it is done with such feeling and skill. The colors you used work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fay, thank you for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful color and I love the sunny atmosphere, Marion!

    ReplyDelete

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.