29 September 2014

Lavender Guard, Day 29, 30 day challenge

Lavender Guard
Palette knife painting
18x24cm on Canvas board
WIP

I was drawn to two trees standing guard by the side of a lavender field. They stood out from the flatness of the lavender fields all around them.

About this painting

Sometimes paintings fight against you and this was one of them. I started out with the two trees but decided it was too busy, so I totally wiped the painting and concentrated on the one tree, which was the one I wanted to paint because of it's twisting branches. I struggled though and now it looks over-worked. I need to decide whether or not to try to rescue this one or just bin it and start again. No painting is a total disaster, and I can take forward some of the ideas from this one.

1 comment:

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.