23 September 2014

Attention! - Day 23, 30 day challenge by Marion Hedger

Attention!
Palette knife oil painting
15x15cm (6"x6") on box canvas

A small portion of one of my photos of poplar trees taken in the summer. Poplar trees? you say. "Too small, don't really look like poplar trees!" Well, as I always say to hubby -  they're not really trees, it's a painting! LOL.

About this painting
I didn't have much time today and couldn't complete the painting I had in mind. I did have time for a small one, so I took a prepared 6x6" box canvas with a pink ground and homed in on a small portion of a photo. I'm sure the trees are out of proportion, but I quite like the end result.




1 comment:

  1. Love the brilliant colors and the sense of space here!

    ReplyDelete

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.