20 August 2014

Light in the Woods, palette knife oil painting


Light in the Woods
Palette knife oil painting on MDF canvas panel
18x24cm (approx 7"x10")
Available in my Etsy store

I love painting silver birch trees. This one was painted from a photo taken in Spring as the fresh growth was bursting out, but with the winter brown undergrowth being slow on the uptake! The shaft of sunshine brought the scene to life for me.
Colourful Birches
This painting shows a different treatment of the trees, I have used goauche in a thick loose impressionist way. 
Colourful Birches
Gouache painting on canvas board
17.5x12.5cm (7"x5")
Varnished so can be framed without glass
Available in my Etsy shop

1 comment:

  1. I love forest paths with dappled light. This painting draws me into the forest. Will I find Hansel and Gretel within?

    ReplyDelete

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.