11 July 2014

Where do you get your Inspiration? Patio Corner Provence oil painting

Patio Corner Provence palette knife painting
 Oil on box (gallery wrapped) canvas
 30x40x4cm (12x16x1.5 inch)
The sides are painted black so the painting can be hung without a frame
for a contemporary look.
Contact  me about this or any other painting HERE

Where do you go to for inspiration? When I am in that in-between state and at a loss for what to paint I mostly search through my photos to see if something says 'Paint Me!'. Another source of ideas is from older paintings and using them as a spring board for something different. Today's painting is one of those.t

Let me know where you get your inspiration from, and I will publish your answers and link to your work.

About the painting
Occasionally I make a foray into watercolour territory. I love watercolours, but not mine - I am never satisfied with the final result. When I look at them again some time later (often years) there is usually something in them that I can take further. Another good reason for using previous paintings is that you have already edited the scene, it so there is none of that annoying detail getting in the way.

Some close-ups

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.