14 June 2014

Distant Mountain Palette knife oil painting

Distant Mountain Palette knife painting
15x15cm (6x6")
Oil on box (gallery wrapped) canvas
This painting is available by auction on Dailypaintworks

This little painting is a bit of an experiment, I was reading an article about loose foregrounds and decided it would be good to try out the ideas. I painted into a layer of liquin to give me a smooth surface. I flattened out most of the first layer of paint with the palette knife. In the second layer I used thicker paint to give texture. Finally I splattered water-soluble oils mixed quite thinly water over the foreground. I enjoyed painting this and like the way it came out. I think I was able to loosen up as I didn't use a reference.

A close-up of the surface



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.