17 January 2014

Summer Light still life Palette knife Impressionist painting, Day 17

Summer Light still life after Henri le Sidaner
Palette knife painting
Oil on canvas panel
24x30 cm (10" x 12")
Day 17 in the 30 day challenge
Available in my Etsy Store

Another painting based on a Henri le Sidaner painting. This one had a lot of details with all those items on the table which were hard to capture with a palette knife. I should have reduced the number of items and just concentrated on the light. I changed the grapes from the original, to the bowl in the front. Initially I was just going to paint the cloth without anything there, but it did need something green to balance the greens in the grass.

Close-ups of the knife work



2 comments:

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.