23 January 2014

Red Tulips flower arrangement palette knife painting

Red Tulips flower arrangement
Palette knife painting
Oil on box canvas
15x20x1.5cm (6x8x0.6inch)
The sides are painted black,
 so can be hung with or without a frame
Day 23 in the 30 day challenge
SOLD
 
More red and more tulips for day 23 in the challenge. I love this red colour, it is Scarlet Lake by Winsor and Newton. I like to use it straight from the tube for a luscious red colour. When mixed with white it gives a lovely soft peachy/pink colour.
See yesterday's tulip painting here

About this painting
I find that reds can quickly lose their vibrancy when the paint dries. To help the red stay bright, I always underpaint with yellow.

Close-up of the knife work

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.