24 January 2014

Poppy Trio Palette knife painting on box canvas

Poppy Trio Palette knife painting
20x20cm (8"x8") on box canvas
The sides of the canvas are painted black
No frame required
Day 24 of the 30 day challenge
Available for purchase

More red for Day 24 of the challenge, but poppies instead of tulips.

Newsletter
I will be sending out my first newsletter at the end of the month. Sign up for my newsletter and you will be entered into a draw for one of my miniature treasures paintings.

About this painting
This is an upcycled painting, also of poppies, that I sort of liked but it was a bit dark. I decided to redo the painting (the original one had 5 poppies which also made it a bit crowded). I first painted the highlights with cadmium yellow and then hit it with the red. The painting is now much brighter and livelier and has more impact.

Some close-ups of the knife work


4 comments:

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.