04 September 2013

Distant view - Day 4, 30 days hath September challenge

Distant view, Zorn palette study
Day 4, 30 days hath September challenge
18x24cm on canvas panel
Practice only NFS

This is my 4th painting for the challenge. I need to study the Zorn palette more so wanted to see if I could make it work for me with one of my Provence landscape photos. I am definitely struggling trying to make this palette work. Normally I would paint this in purples, blues and reds giving a vibrant painting so you can see how hard it is for me. The light grey is supposed to take on a blue tinge against the ochre and reds, but I am having difficulty seeing it. This Saturday's tutorial will introduce some additional accent colours which might make it all make more sense to me.

See day 3 painting HERE
Another Zorn palette painting

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.