02 July 2013

Poppy field in Haut-Alpes Provence

Meander through the Poppy fields
Oil palette knife painting
24x30cm on canvas panel (approx 11"x12"

Yesterday I went on my annual pilgrimage to see the lavender fields in the Haut-Alpes. Some of the lavender was not quite in full flower but other fields were more advanced. Everything seems to be late, the sunflowers were still small and no where near ready to flower.

I came across a beautiful poppy field which was lucky as the farmer was in the adjacent field mowing his hay.
The painting above was painted from one of last years photos. Stay tuned for the new paintings from the latest batch of photos.
I shall post a few photos of the lavender fields tomorrow.

view another poppy field painting HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.