09 March 2012

Garden 101 Series #3 - Orange Balance oil painting

Orange Balance 
by Marion Hedger
Garden 101 daily paintings series No.3
19x27cm size, oil on canvas board.
For Sale 35€ 
Number 3 in the series, this time of fresh oranges. Our orange tree was looking a little unhealthy this year due to a very dry summer and autumn, but it still managed to produce heaps of fruit. Being able to squeeze fresh orange juice from freshly picked oranges each morning is a treat at this time of year. 
 "I have challenged myself to paint 101 small daily life paintings inspired by my garden. My main aim is to improve my my eye to brush skills with a loose lively style. At the moment I plan to use oils, so that as a bonus I will improve my oil handling skills. I don't doubt that some will be done in different media depending on how the mood takes me. I aim to do at least 5 a week."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.