21 September 2011

Black and White plus one III

This is the third and final study in black and white plus one colour. This one is smaller than the other two and on canvas board with a black gesso ground.
 Abstract tree, black and white and red
10x15 cm (4x6") on canvas board
This exercise was interesting and tells me that I definitely need to loosen up in my normal work and this is an idea I am thinking of taking further - maybe not the white and black theme but definitely the loose palette knife work and using the gel to thicken up the paint. As this was only an exercise I used paint which was very fluid and not true artist paint. I wasn't sure if the gel (Golden gel medium) would work to give me a 3D effect but it worked well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.